This Instant Pot Pho is a game changer! Full of authentic flavors but with half…
My[easyazon_link identifier=”B01B1VC13K” locale=”US” tag=” ne0fc6-20″]Instant Pot[/easyazon_link] Shredded Chicken is loaded with Mexican flavors and is the easiest and the most tender shredded chicken you will ever taste! Made in an Instant Pot in minutes and ready to be used in anything from enchiladas, tacos, soups, quesadillas, salads or any other creation you may come up with.
[wprm-recipe-jump text=”Jump to Recipe”]
Look guys I am going to be frank with you here… this is one of those dishes that is truly simple stupid. There is minimal effort involved in this shredded chicken because it involves my new kitchen toy…[easyazon_link identifier=”B01B1VC13K” locale=”US” tag=” ne0fc6-20″]THE INSTANT POT.[/easyazon_link]
And this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken is no exception.
Here is the deal with this recipe:
- It is extremely versatile. The flavors involved are super flavorful but neutral enough that they can take on many other flavors. It’s a perfect combo of smoky, spicy and sweet that really blends well with any other flavor combination.
- It is SO simple! You simply place everything in the Instant Pot, seal it and let it cook!
- You can use FROZEN chicken! So even when you forgot to plan dinner for the night and only have frozen chicken breast…You can still have an incredible dinner on the table!!!
- Speaking of FROZEN, this shredded chicken freezes absolutely beautifully! I have two bags in the freezer right now just hanging out waiting for me to do something magical with it whenever I need a last minute dish 🙂
I also really love to sautee them up a bit in a cast iron pan with some oil and a bit of the left over braising liquid until they are gorgeous and crispy. You have to do a little bit at a time to get a really nice char on them. And those gorgeous caramelized bits just add THAT much more flavor when you add them to burritos or simple tacos!!!
This Instant Pot Shredded Chicken you can seriously used it in ANYTHING!
- Use it in Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas.
- Add to my 20 Minute Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Add it to the Mexican Chicken Soup .
- Serve it alongside my Easy and Healthy Cheesy Mexican Quinoa Bake, Mexican Roasted Potatoes, Grilled Mexican Street Corn, or my Quick and Easy Restaurant Mexican Rice.
I know I can ramble on about stories usually but this one has just one. I served this delicious shredded chicken as an option to be used in tacos or in a salad during a huge Mexican night for about 18 people at my house. It was a last minute thought as I had realized my pork carnitas were not going make everyone happy. Long story short… the chicken, carnitas and all the other deliciousness was devoured, happily and quickly.
The proof ladies and gentlemen was in the lack of leftovers 🙂
My Instant Pot Shredded Chicken is loaded with Mexican flavors and is the easiest and the most tender shredded chicken you will ever taste! Made in an Instant Pot in minutes and ready to be used in anything from enchiladas, tacos, soups, quesadillas, salads or any other creation you may come up with.
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 each lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 each orange (juice and zest)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Place everything into an Instant Pot and turn to close. Make sure the lid is on the “sealing” position.
- Press the “manual” option and use the dial to get to 15 minutes.
- After the cooking program completes, turn the pressure valve to “venting” and carefully open the pressure valve (quick release) and remove the lid.
- Shred the chicken with two forks or as I prefer, place into a kitchen aid mixer and using the paddle attachment shred the chicken until it is the preferred texture. Make sure to add in the juices from the braise to really enrich that flavor!
- Feel free to sautee up at this point with some olive oil and some juices from the braising liquid.
- If the chicken breasts are large, like 1 pound each, you may need to increase the time to 25 minutes.
- If freezing, freeze with the braising liquid to keep it nice and tender.
- Nutritional information is only to be used as a guide.
- Category: Chicken, Main Course, Main Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican