Did you ever think you can get creamy mashed sweet potatoes without all that butter…
This compilation of delicious dishes will be a hit at your table this year for your Easter Feast! Plus there’s plenty of make ahead ideas that will make this year’s Easter feasting easier than ever!
I find it interesting that people stress so much about their holiday feasts. In reality there are just a few simple truths to planning that perfect Easter feast! I used to stress way too much about all my holiday feasts and then I figured out what the key is. It’s prepping ahead of time!!! I learned many years ago that if I prep majority of the meal ahead of time I would be quite happy the day of the major feast.
I have even found a way to start some of the prep for our glorious feast a few days ahead so that it’s even simpler to put the feast together the day of! One of the tasks I hate more than ever is setting the table. So therefore, I do it the night before Easter so that I do not have to worry about it the day of. Or better yet, just have the kids do it 🙂
Since Easter falls on a Sunday it is that much easier to do the bulk of the cooking the day before at your pace instead of rushing like crazy on Easter Sunday even though all you want to do is watch the little kiddos look for Easter eggs.
So ladies and gentlemen… here is your feast! Now I realize it is a pretty heavy feast, so feel free to either use it all or some 🙂 I promise your family will not be disappointed!
- 3 Days Before Feast:
- 2 Days Before the Feast:
- 1 Day Before the Feast :
- Make the Creamy Dreamy Mashed Potatoes. (Check out the tutorial for how to make them ahead of time in the link!)
- Make the Creamy Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Bake. Make the pasta BUT do NOT bake in the oven until prior to serving.
- Make the No Bake Nutella Tart
- Roast off the Turkey and Potatoes. Let rest, carve and place on a foil pan to await the next day!
- Marinade the Garlic and Herb Pork Roast.
- Make the Antipasti Platter and just place it into the fridge covered with plastic wrap.
- Lay out your silverware, flatware, glassware, tablecloths, napkins and platters for the next day so you have everything you need to set the table with.
- THE Day of the Feast:
- Run around like a chicken with your head cut off. Then realize EVERYTHING IS PRACTICALLY DONE! And breath and enjoy your morning coffee.
- 2 hours before actually sitting down for the dinner:
- Place the Seriously Crispy No Knead Bread into the oven.
- Make the gorgeous Garlic and Herb Pork Roast. Make sure to rest it before slicing and to use a meat thermometer while cooking so it is beautifully and perfectly cooked!
- Make the Balsamic Glazed Sausage with Pearl Onions.
- Make the Garlic Brown Butter Roast Carrots.
- Place the Creamy Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Bake into the oven for 30 minutes. Make sure to cover it up with foil and only remove the foil the last 5 minutes to crisp up the top.
- Warm up the Creamy Mashed Potatoes as it states in the link.
- Make the Brussels Sprouts Salad.
- Heat up the Fish Cakes and the Arancini in the oven.
- Prior to serving dessert, just sprinkle on the sugar on the Creme Brûlée and torch them to make a gorgeous crust.
- Put everything on the table and dine!!!!