Dessert has never been this easy! My No Bake Nutella Tart features 5 ingredients and NO oven. This luscious make ahead Nutella dessert is perfect for those times when you need a dessert but cannot be bothered to turn on the oven. Plus learn the magic that is ganache and how it transforms any desserts.
Jump to Recipe
I have talked about my Nutella obsession many times before. Nutella has a very soft spot in my heart…soft and gooey.
And unfortunately for me…I have found an ideal recipe for my Nutella. Also, unfortunately for me, this recipe is a no bake and it only takes minutes to prepare. Say goodbye to those perfect abs I have so been pining for.
I first saw a version of this recipe in one of those Instagram one minute videos. But naturally, I was skeptical. It all seemed to be too simple. And frankly, I did not think the science of it would work.
But ummmm, guys…I was wrong. I was so horribly wrong.
It worked beautifully.
And most importantly deliciously.
How simple was this? 5 ingredients simple.
The chocolate crust was buttery and crunchy and simply made from a mix of Oreos and butter. And the filling was made from dark chocolate, Nutella and heavy whipping cream, aka Nutella ganache.
Ganache is the heavenly combination of chocolate and heavy cream that makes everything from chocolate glazes on cakes, truffles and decadent fillings, like this one. Heavy cream is warmed up to a simmer and then poured over chocolate. Voila…that is the secret behind the ganache technique. No magic here. Just a super simple technique.
Ganache is extremely versatile and has different uses based on the only 2 ingredients in it: Chocolate and heavy whipping cream.
- For a glaze that you would use on top of a cake or to cover some lovely truffles the proportions would me 1:2, meaning one part chocolate to two parts cream.
- For a slightly thicker filling like one you would use in layer cakes, in between layers the proportions would be 1:1, meaning equal parts cream and chocolate.
- For truffles or a thicker filling (like we will be using in our tart) the proportions would be 2:1 or 2 parts chocolate to 1 part cream.
I played around with the technique and recipe in this particular recipe a few times. And it turned out, that the Nutella created an even more creamy texture for the ganache filling. I included the Nutella as part of my chocolate ratio and then doubled the cream. The results. Perfection.
Back to my magical no bake Nutella tart story. The end result of this tart proved to be nothing less than gourmet perfection. This was a recipe that anyone would swear was made by a French pastry chef.
I finished up the tart by nestling a few raspberries in the filling
But I will make sure to keep your secret 🙂
Because it is so simple it is the PERFECT addition to my 2016 Thanksgiving & Christmas Dinner Plan Extravaganza! Make sure you check out all the other yums that go along with it!
No Bake Nutella Tart (5 Ingredients)
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 oz Nutella
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 8 oz heavy cream
- chopped hazelnuts optional
Place cookies into a food processor and processor until finely ground up.
Add in melted butter and process for another 10-15 seconds.
Press into the tart pan with your hands or with the back of a spoon until evenly spread.
Place into the freezer of 15 minutes.
Place chocolate and Nutella into a large bowl.
Warm up heavy whipping cream to a simmer and pour over the chocolate and Nutella mixture.
Stir and combine everything until chocolate is melted and everything is evenly mixed.
Pour into the prepared crust.
Place raspberries and nuts on top.
Place into the freezer for 15 minutes or into the fridge for 2 hours.
1. This tart pan works great! I love how pretty the edges turn out and it's super cheap!
2. Make sure that if you are not using chocolate chips the chocolate is finely chopped so that it melts easily and evenly.
3. This dessert can easily be made up to 2-3 days ahead of time. You can either freeze it and then defrost it 1 hour before serving or it can sit in the fridge for 2-3 days without a problem.
4. The nutritional information is to be used for information purposes only.