Meet a fruity and refreshing twist on the classic Moscow Mule cocktail! Full of raspberries and fresh mint this cocktail will be the ultimate go to for all your summer BBQ’s!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #SVEDKASummer #CollectiveBias”
Jump to Recipe
Vodka and I have gotten along very well over the years. It has always been easily mixed into just about anything even when there are very few ingredients on hand. In fact, it even goes great with just a nice juicy lemon wedge as a chaser. Plus…being Russian vodka has always been the choice for my nation.
So go vodka!
Except…that Russia never had really great vodka. In fact even when we emigrated to the states, I frequently over heard my dad and his friends talking about how none of the Russian imported vodka’s were ever good enough. And then I overheard him talking about a vodka that to me sounded like like the Russian name “Sveta.” But when I looked at the bottle it said “SVEDKA”. Which to me sounded like a Russian nickname for the name Sveta. My father later educated me that this was in fact an imported vodka from Sweden, a country that has been perfecting vodka for centuries, SVEDKA vodka was proudly named after its country of origin.
Sounded like my dad took his vodka experience really seriously.
As I grew up, I noticed that SVEDKA vodka was really the only one that stood out to me in the liquor stores. Its displays and packaging always looked, bold, young, urban and hip. It stood out from the other vodka’s on the shelves because it just looked so much younger and less “stuffy”. So I have always made sure to have a bottle or two hanging out in my freezer for those summer nights when a cocktail is so very needed.
I have always had signature drinks for all our gatherings at our houses, especially once the BIG time BBQ’s come around… You know which ones I am talking about…Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor day.
And Memorial Day happens to be one of my favorites because it means it is the official opener of Chicago summers!
I put a great deal of pressure on myself developing the drinks and menus for our outings but that’s cuz it’s my thing!
This year I wanted something super refreshing and bold for our Memorial Day BBQ. And nothing goes as well with vodka as Moscow Mules.
- Muddling The Fruit: I decided to really play infuse some fresh fruit flavor into my Moscow mules by muddling some fresh raspberries before adding in my SVEDKA vodka and ginger beer. It made a HUGE difference! You can do the exact same technique with any other fruit. And if you find the fruit is not sweet enough feel free to add some simple syrup or some agave syrup to really sweeten things up.
- Using Frozen Berries: I like to use a combination of frozen berries and fresh berries because when I just throw the frozen berries into the Moscow mule it also acts like ice to keep it nice and extra cold. Which is really crucial in the summer months!
SVEDKA even has an awesome promo right now that is hanging right on the bottle necks in store that allows you to save $2 per bottle! Hello! Can you say value!?!
And it is hard to miss the gorgeous Memorial Day display they have going on because it’s right smack in the front of the liquor aisle!
Plus…they have this amazing promotion with Shopkick which will give you 75 kicks for scanning the UPC at shelf and 200 kicks for purchasing the product. Just download the Shopkick app and show away!!!
I think my friends will be happy this Memorial Day just with these drinks… but OK… I will have some food handy and ready to really let the party roll!
Raspberry Moscow Mule
- 8 oz SVEDKA vodka
- 10 oz fresh raspberries
- 8 mint leaves
- 4 oz frozen raspberries
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 bottles ginger beer
- lime wedges, fresh raspberries and mint leaves for garnish
- place all the FRESH raspberries, lime and mint into a large pitcher or muddling glass and press them down until nicely muddled.
- Distribute ice half way up to the top to 4 Moscow mule mugs or any other glass available on hand. Place 2 oz of SVEDKA vodka into each glass and stir well.
- Top with ginger beer and the frozen berries.
- Garnish with extra lime wedges, mint leaves and raspberries!
- If limes are hard to juice, just throw them into the microwave for 10 seconds to really get the juices flowing