This spicy honey garlic salmon is the perfect weeknight meal! Full on flavor but light on clean-up, this tasty salmon will be out on your dinner table in under 20 minutes with zero dishes to wash!
I have come to the conclusion that I sadly no longer have the time to create elaborate dishes on a weeknight basis.
So this spicy honey garlic salmon…this dish is a LIFE SAVER.
My mom was the creator of this dish originally. Back 20 years ago, before google and blogs, people got their recipes from friends and family. My mom learned a version of this recipe from one of her clients and made it immediately when she came home. It was simple enough that she could make it in our toaster oven and that was all the convincing she needed.
I remember that it featured butter, garlic and lemon. A classic delicious combination that needs minimal tweaking.
This recipe guys…it’s one of those recipes that is so second nature to me it almost felt silly sharing it because it is JUST SO SIMPLE. And on a weeknight when I have sat in an hour of traffic in a torrential downpour and only have 20 minutes left to cook dinner…this honey garlic salmon recipe saves my butt every. single. time.
The secret to the recipe is the glaze! It is a simple combination of very classic ingredients that give a MAJOR bang of flavor for minimal effort. Ready to see what my so called secret ingredients are:
- Butter (just a tad)
- Garlic (DUH! As if I make anything without it)
- Red Chili Flakes
- Lemon Juice
That’s it guys. Those are my secret ingredients. And these ingredients are totally interchangeable! Sub out the garlic for ginger and you have a honey ginger salmon. Swap out the lemon juice for lime juice and add some cumin and you have a Mexican salmon in foil. Seriously guys the possibilities are endless.
Um did I mention that this all happens in one piece of foil? There is zero clean-up guys! I wrapped my baking sheet in foil and then this luscious salmon is wrapped up in foil. Sooooooo that means…there are no baking pans to clean. The salmon steams in the foil covered in the sexy glaze and then it is unwrapped and broiled to caramelize all that honey garlic goodness. This is heaven.
I happened to have a rainy, awful day today and served this simple spicy honey garlic salmon up with my lemon garlic sautéed spinach. This is the same restaurant style spinach that all the Italian restaurants make…except minus all the calories.
Grab a fork guys…because that’s all the silverware this incredible dish needs!
In fact…sit down at the table with me… and watch how I made it!
Spicy Honey Garlic Salmon in Foil
- 1.5 pounds salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 5 cloves of garlic minced on a microplane
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra minced parsley to garnish
- lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees
- In a small pot, over low heat, combine butter, garlic, parsley red pepper flakes and lemon juice. Stir to combine and allow to simmer for 2 minutes. Do not allow any of the garlic to brown.
- Place the salmon fillet on a pan fitted with enough foil to cover up the salmon.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Pour the glaze over the salmon filet, ensuring that everything is nicely covered.
- Fold up the foil and place into the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open up the salmon carefully as the foil and contents will be hot. Turn on the broiler and allow to broil for 5 minutes or until the salmon is browned and fully cooked and perfectly flaky.
2. I have a convection oven. If your oven is not convection this may take a tad longer but no longer than 10 minutes more.
3. You can add some asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower along side the salmon to make a one pan dish. 4. The nutritional information is to be used for information purposes only.