Gooey molten lava cakes ooze out pure chocolate goodness layered with Nutella. Dessert does not get more delicious or better yet easier than this!
If the stomach is the way into a man’s heart then definitely the way to get into a woman’s heart is chocolate. Rich, decadent chocolate will make almost every woman melt.(pun intended).
In honor of our upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday we are celebrating with non other than this luscious and ridiculously simple chocolaty dessert.
And I am going to make this short and sweet…kind of like this dessert.
No lovey dovey love stories… no cute love poems. Just a straight up awesome dessert to whip up in under 20 minutes for your loved one…No matter how cheesy we all think this holiday is, no on will ever turn down a molten lava cake that is perfectly cooked on the outside and oozing with chocolaty Nutella goodness on the inside.
By now, everyone should know my slight addiction to Nutella. I try and stick its royal nutiness into anything and everything sweet, I have done pretty well.
But this one. This one just might take the cake (pun intended)
This dessert is one of my go to desserts that always wows any guests and literally takes minutes to whip up. No fuss no muss no mixer needed. NO MIXER. All ingredients are mixed super quickly in one bowl and then baked off in ramekins.
Hubs and I were in one of those chain fine steak restaurants not too longa go and we ordered their molten lava cake. And the hubs very clearly and honestly said,” Babe yours is better.”
The little molten lava cakes are baked just until they are cooked through. So when they are cut into for the first bite, the gooey chocolaty goodness rolls out of the center of the cake leaving a beautiful brown chocolate trail down the plate.
Start by preheating the oven to 475-degrees and butter up 6 ramekins.
Melt chocolate, Nutella and butter in the microwave, double boiler or very slowly on the stove so as to not burn the chocolate.
Add the flour and sugar mixture until smooth, combining with whisk, then add egg yolks.
Pour into the buttered ramekins place on a baking sheet and place right into the oven for 14 minutes. Not a minute less or more. I do have a convection oven so temperatures may run differently in each oven. You may have to play around with it a bit.
Once they are ready, cut around the rim of the ramekin with a knife to ensure that it is loose. Place a plate on top of the ramekin and invert the ramekin, allowing for the cake to flip onto the plate.
An elegant and simple chocolate dessert full of oozing chocolate that is prepped and cooked under 20 minutes!
- 6 squares bittersweet chocolate (1-ounce)
- 2 squares semisweet chocolate (1-ounce)
- 10 tablespoons butter (1 1/4 stick)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 a cup of Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons nut liqueur (frangelico, amaretto, whatever your little heart desires)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease 6 (6-ounce)ramekins.
- Melt the chocolates, Nutella and butter in the microwave, or in a double boiler.
- Add the flour and sugar to chocolate mixture. Stir in the eggs and yolks until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and liquor.
- Divide the batter evenly among the custard cups.
- Place in the oven and bake for 14 minutes not a minute more, not a minute less.
- The edges should be firm but the center will be runny.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen and invert onto dessert plates.
- Serve vanilla ice cream.
- The nutritional information should be used for informational purposes only.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American