Meet your new best friend for the summer! This super easy feta and avocado salad is full of ripe tomatoes and zesty feta. It’s a perfect side dish to any entree or as a stand alone salad. Prepare to say YUM!Jump to Recipe
If I was asked to describe my style of cooking, I would say simple. I use fresh ingredients of the best quality I can get my hands on and try and create magic with them. Sometimes I am not successful. But sometimes…magic happens.
This particular salad is magic. Summer magic.
It makes me think of summer BBQ’s, late drinking and chattering into the night in our yard full of hungry mosquitoes. And as we gorge on delicious food and sweet spiked sangrias, we become immune to midnight yawns and unfortunately to the incessant buzzing of the pesky mosquitoes. And we only realize how good of a time we had the next morning when our pounding headache is only upstaged by the constellation of mosquito bites aching to be scratched all over our well tanned legs.
Ahhhhhh I do love summer…mosquitoes and all…it’s all worth it.
This salad has become my go to for lazy Sunday dinners, camping getaways and BBQ parties galore.
I whipped it up one night on a whim (as most of my recipes are) in an attempt to make a quick side dish for some grilled chicken.
The feta was kind of an after thought. This was supposed to be a deconstructed guacamole and then I went cray cray and sprinkled in some feta. I’ll be honest, I thought I ruined the whole batch but it turned out super delish! Creamy, salty and just right.
Best of all it comes together in no time and is all bright and cheery against any tablescape…or none at all.
This is the salad that you will find yourself bringing to all your friend’s houses just to brighten up the drab BBQ spread.
Yup…now is the time to bust that sangria bottle out…
So first we need to dice up an avocado…And I have a nifty little knife skills tutorial for you right here that will make you look like a pro!
And then we are going to dice a nice ripe and juicy tomato. Look at this beauty! Oh! And I have a nifty little tutorial for that too!
And dice half a red onion just like this. First cut slices into it. And then cut slices across it.
And dice away nice and small. (A tutorial is on its way)
And crumble some feta of choice right on top.
Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and be on your merry way!
Feta and Avocado SaladPrep Time 10 minutesTotal Time 10 minutesServings 4 peopleCalories 30 kcal
- 2 Large Avocados
- 1 Large tomato
- Half a red onion
- 3 T crumbled feta feel free to use more if you like
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- *Be wary of how much salt you are using due to the feta being salty.
- So first we need to dice up an avocado.
- And then we are going to dice a nice ripe and juicy tomato.
- And dice half a red onion
- Crumble some feta of choice right on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and be on your merry way!Nutrition FactsFeta and Avocado SaladAmount Per ServingCalories 30 Calories from Fat 27% Daily Value*Total Fat 3g 5%Saturated Fat 0g 0%Cholesterol 0mg 0%Sodium 0mg 0%Potassium 0mg 0%Total Carbohydrates 0g 0%Dietary Fiber 0g 0%Sugars 0gProtein 0g 0%Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 0%Calcium 0%Iron 0%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.