My Baked Tequila Lime Chicken is not only super easy but is loaded with flavor and bursting with juices! Plus while it is marinade recommended it is not necessary making this chicken the perfect quick dinner meal!
Super Juicy Tequila Lime Chicken
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes)
- zest of 3 limes
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 4 scallions
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2,5 pounds chicken thighs and or drumsticks
- 2 avocados (diced *)
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp of cilantro chopped
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the chicken.
- Blend until completely smooth. Taste for seasoning.
- Place chicken into a large ziplock bagged pour marinade on top. Seal the bag and shake to ensure the chicken is completely covered. Allow to marinade for 15 minutes or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- Spray down a rimmed sheet pan with oil or pan spray.
- Lay chicken on the sheet pan. If using chicken thighs ensure that the skin side is up.
- Use some of the access marinade to baste the chicken with before placing into the oven.
- Allow the chicken to rest under a foil tent for 10 minutes before serving.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until thermometer reads 160 degrees and the juices run clear.
- Combine all the ingredients and serve alongside the chicken.
1. For an incredible tutorial on how to cube an avocado perfectly, check out my ultimate tutorial.
2. If you need to learn how to dice a tomato, I have a great tomato dicing tutorial as well.
3. If the you want the chicken less spicy, just remove the seeds from the jalapeño and the heat will be eliminated, but the flavor will still remain.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Main Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican