- 2 tablespoons smoked chipotle powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed smoked red chili
- 1 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oill (plus more for the baking dish)
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 small thai chili (finely sliced)
- 3 shallots minced
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh ginger
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoons of molasses
- 3 lb whole salmon fillet*
- 1 lime sliced into thin slices
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- extra sliced chilies
- cilantro leaves
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan add all the ingredients except the fish and the garnishes.
- Cook over low-medium heat for 10 minutes until fragrant and resembles a glaze.
- Place the salmon on an oiled foil pan or foiled sheet pan.
- Pour the glaze over the fish making sure to spread the glaze evenly and covering all the nooks and crannies. Make sure to cover both sides of the fish.*
- Place into the oven COVERED for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, uncover the fish and allow to finish cooking and brown up. Do NOT THROW away the foil.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, tented with foil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and lime zest if desired. Serve.
1. My salmon fillet was actually 3 separate pieces, in the event that you cannot get the large piece of salmon use this little trick. I just nestled them together so they make one large piece and the glaze acted like a glue.
2. You can actually let the salmon stand for about 15 minutes with the glaze on it so that it permeates the fish a bit better.
3. The nutritional information for this recipe should be used for guidance purposes only.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Main Entree
- Cuisine: Asian