A super delicious and simple vegetarian baked sweet and sour chicken recipe that is sure to please even the biggest meat eaters! Best of all it is loaded with tons of healthy and crunchy roasted vegetables and no frying is necessary!
- 1 package Quorn Meatless Nuggets
- 1 cup Fresh Pineapple (Diced)
- 1 Turnip (Diced)
- 1 Yellow Squash (Diced)
- 1 Zucchini (Large Dice)
- 1 small Red Onion (Large Dice)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Large Dice)
- 1 inch Ginger (Minced on Microplane)
- 1/2 jar Kame Sweet and Sour Sauce. (Note 2)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced on Microplane)
- 1 pinch red pepper chili flakes
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 lemon (juiced and zested)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 scallions (sliced to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 450-degrees
- Combine, turnips, squash, zucchini, carrots and onions on a sheet pan and toss with olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes occasionally flipping them on the sheet pan so that they get even coverage.
- While the vegetables are cooking, place the diced pineapple, red peppers and the Quorn Meatless Chicken Nuggets onto a pan lined with foil and roast for 10-12 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, add oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and chili flakes. Allow to cook for 2 minutes over low heat, ensuring not to brown.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, pineapple juice, lemon juice and sweet and sour sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Once the nuggets are crispy and golden brown, remove and cut each nugget in half.
- Add roasted vegetables, Quorn Meatless Chicken Nuggets and stir-fry everything together so it is nicely coated with the sauce.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with scallions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: asian, dinner
- Cuisine: Asian, Asian/American, vegetarian