An elegant dinner that is made in less than 10 minutes has never tasted this good! An incredibly simple steamed mussels and shrimp recipe full of garlic, saffron and white wine.
- 1 Pound of Mussels (Washed and Sorted)
- 6 Large Shrimp; Shells and Veins Removed
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves; Minced
- 1 Shallot Diced Finely
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- 3 Scallions Sliced on the Bias
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- 1 Cup of Wine
- 1/2 Cup Grape or Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- A few petals of saffron steaped in about a 1/4 cup of hot water (this is your saffron broth)
- 2 Pieces crostini
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a wide and deep pot add olive oil and shrimp and allow to sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes. Allow to sweat for a couple of minutes until fragrant and transparent, but not brown.
- Add in mussels, saffron broth, white wine, tomatoes, lemon juice and scallions; toss everything to combine. Cover with tight fitting lid and allow to cook for 4 minutes untouched.
- Remove lid and move everything around, if all the mussels are opened, poor into a deep bowl, sprinkle with parsley and serve with toasted bread! ***If there are some mussels that have not opened discard of them.***
- Dip, slurp and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Appetizer or Side, Fish and Seafood
- Cuisine: Italian