Prepare for the easiest, juiciest and most delicious tasting roast chicken you have ever laid eyes on. This classic Thomas Keller roast chicken recipe is based off 3 ingredients and one pan! Chicken was never this simple or this perfect!
- One 4 to 4 1/2 pound chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 6 medium sized Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 medium-sized carrots (peeled and cut in 2-inch pieces)
- 1 yellow onion (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges
- About 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Generously season the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Truss the chicken. (See post for other truss options)
- Place the vegetables and the thyme sprig into large roasting pan or frying panl. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and toss with your hands until well coated. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Season your chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken directly on top of the vegetables, breast side up.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast the chicken until the thickest part of the thigh registers 160°F on a meat thermometer and the juices run clear. (About 50-60 min)
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 20 minutes before carving to serve. You can keep the vegetables warm by keeping them in the now-turned-off oven while the chicken is resting. Stir to coat the vegetables with the cooking juices before serving
- Cut the chicken into serving pieces. Place vegetables on a serving platter with the chicken pieces arranged on top. Sprinkle with a few finishing sprinkles of salt.
The nutritional information is to be used for information purposes only.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: American