A deliciously simple and savory steak marinade that takes an ordinary steak to a gorgeously tender and scrumptious piece of meat. As a bonus it is great on veggies!
- 2.5 pounds of steak * (Or feel free to use any vegetables of your choice)
- 1/2 a cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (whole)
- 2 tbsp of dijon mustard*
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor until blended.
- Place the meat or the vegetables into a ziplock bag and seal.
- Marinade the meat for up to 30 minutes and the vegetables for anywhere from 5-30 minutes.
1. Any cut of steak will do. However, try and use this marinade on steaks that can really benefit from the flavor boost. Ribeye, porterhouses and NY strips do not require this marinade 🙂
2. The dijon does two important things in this (and any) recipe. Firstly, it adds immense flavor and secondly it acts as an emulsifier and binds the marinade.
3. Double or triple this recipe and keep it in an airtight container to use as marinades, dressings or vinaigrettes.
4. The nutritional information is to be used for information purposes only.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: BBQ, Grilling, Healthy, Steak
- Cuisine: American