- 2 large potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar or any other cheese to your liking)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chives for garnish
- Wash two large potatoes. You can use any potatoes you like, I happened to have some nice bakers laying around so that was what I used. Slice thinly with a knife or a manadaline slicer. Just watch those fingers on the mandaline slicer! Those things are SHARP!
- Slice 1 large onion thinly.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of oil into a frying pan and place over medium high heat.
- Add your potatoes into the pan and allow to sizzle, sizzle. Let cook on one side UNDISTURBED. That’s how you will get that gorgeous crusty, crispiness. And DO NOT cover with a lid…you will end up steaming the potatoes. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes undisturbed on medium heat before flipping. After flipping, go ahead and add in the onions.
- In the meantime, shred some nice Cheddar cheese. Or any other cheese your heart desires. I had a gorgeous white cheddar in the fridge so that’s what I used. You will need about 1/2 cup or so.
- While you are going crazy with the microplaner…go ahead and grate 3 cloves of garlic on it as well and add the garlic to the potatoes.
- Add the garlic to the potatoes and COVER with a lid. This will make sure the potatoes get tender and still caramelized on the outside…which for me is pure perfection.
- Once the potatoes are done and tender taste and season with sale and pepper.
- Remove from heat, place on a plate and sprinkle with cheese and chives.
- Dive in!