Meet the one bowl Chocolate Nutella Cookies that is a cinch to make but dazzles everyone! It is the ultimate holiday cookie filled with chocolate and Nutella. Gorgeous sparkles and delicate crinkles make this cookie a show stopper for any holiday that needs a bit of dazzle.
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick, room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup red sanding sugar
- pinch salt
- Heat oven to 375 and prepare cookie sheets by covering them in parchment paper.
- Beat sugar, butter and Nutella with a hand mixer or a stand mixer for about 2 minutes on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the egg, milk, vanilla, and red food coloring. Mix on low just enough to incorporate, then increase heat to medium high and blend until light and fluffy.
- Add in cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt. With mixer on slow add flour mixture to sugar mixture and beat until just combined.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls by using your hands or an ice cream scooper.
- Pour the red sanding sugar onto small plate or bowl. Roll dough ball in sanding sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. These babies spread like crazy, so make sure you give them room so they do not collide with each other.
- Bake for EXACTLY 7 minutes. They will be soft, but this is exactly what you want.
- Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack.
The nutritional information for this recipe should be used for guidance purposes only.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American