An easy and versatile marinade that comes together in minutes and packs a huge punch of umami flavor! Use it as a marinade for grilled shrimp, fish or even as a dipping oil for lobster and shrimp
- 1 pound of 8-10 size shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves (minced on a microplaner)
- 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 a tsp black pepper
- 2 scallions finely minced
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- Combine all the ingredients except the shrimp in a bowl and whisk to combine. Taste to ensure that the seasoning and spice is to your liking.
- Place the marinade into a zip-lock bag or a bowl and add the shrimp. Toss everything well so that the shrimp are completely covered.
- Do not allow the shrimp to stay in the marinade for longer than 45 minutes.
- Grill or broil for 3 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second side. Serve with lime wedges.
1. If you need there is not enough of the marinade, just add in a bit of water to stretch it a bit without concentrating the flavor.
2. If you are not a fan of the chili flakes feel free to leave them out entirely.
3.Do NOT leave the shrimp in the marinade any longer than 45 minutes or you will run the risk of turning the shrimp into ceviche.
- Category: Grill
- Cuisine: Asian