Super fudgy Nutella cookies stuffed with salted carmel and baked until gooey and warm inside.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 oz milk or dark chocolate chips or you can add 1/5 white chocolate chips
- flaky salt/ fleur de sel/ maldon salt (for sprinkling)
- approx. 3/4 cup nutella
- 1.5 bags of candy caramels
- First thing is first, line a baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- The cookies start out with some butter in a pot melting away on the stove.
- Having removed it from the heat, stir in your brown sugar and eggs with a wooden spoon. Then add the cocoa, salt and baking powder.
- Stir to combine.
- Add flour and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Take one tablespoon of cookie dough and place onto the baking sheet. Make an indent right in the middle of it with your finger.
- Place about 1/2 a tsp of Nutella in the indentation and then a candy caramel. You can also use chocolate covered caramel candies like rolos or something or you can make your own caramel. But this was what I had so for cost and time purposes I used this. And they were still fabulous.
- Take another tablespoon of dough and flatten it in your hands then place on top of the cookie to cover the chocolatey Nutella caramels. Sprinkle with some flaky salt.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes and move to a cooling rack.
- Then enjoy the ooeyness. I know I did.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American