When chicken breast gets boring…this is my solution! A succulent and savory chicken breast marinated in yogurt, saffron and garlic. Tons of deliciousness wrapped up in one marinated chicken breast!
- 2 pounds chicken breast (cut in half so they are thinner. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs but use 3 pounds)
- 1.5 cups yogurt
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 threads of saffron steeped in a 1/4 cup of water or 1 tbsp of turmeric
- a handful of cilantro
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- more olive oil for frying
- Place yogurt, water, garlic, onion, saffron or turmeric, cilantro and lemon into a blender or a food processor and pulse until smooth. Taste for salt and pepper and add as necessary.
- Place chicken cutlets into a ziplock bag and add yogurt mixture on top.
- Close the bag and swish the mixture around so everything is evenly covered. Let stand for 60 minutes to 24 hours.
- Place butter and olive oil into a pan, ensuring that the butter melts.
- Over medium heat, fry the chicken on one side for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- At this point, you can either turn the chicken over and cook on the other side or place into a 450-degree oven for 5 minutes.
- **If grilling, cut the chicken into large cubes and marinade. Then place on skewers and allow for it to grill for 6 minutes on each on a high flame. **
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: Persian