- 8 cups homemade chicken broth or stock or storebosugh chicken broth or stock
- 2 cooked chicken breast (see note, shredded, feel free to use rotisserie chicken or any other leftover chicken)
- 1 large onion (chopped into small cubes)
- 5 medium carrots (peeled and sliced into half moons)
- 1 turnip (peeled and chopped into small cubes)
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped into small cubes)
- 10 chives (finely sliced)
- 1 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 cup parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp sumac
- 4 oz angel hair pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- red chilli flakes (optional)
- limes for garnish (optional)
- extra chopped cilantro (parsley and chives for garnish.)
- Place the chicken broth into a large pot and bring to a boil. Add in onions, carrots, turnips and potatoes. Once the soup boils, reduce to a simmer.
- While the soup is coming up to a boil, peel and chop all your veggies.
- Add the onions, carrots, turnips, garlic and potatoes to the soup once it is on a simmer. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add turmeric, sumac, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, chives, shredded chicken and angel hair pasta. *
- Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt, pepper and red chili flakes if necessary.
- Serve with extra chives,cilantro, parsley and limes.
1. This recipe is written using two cooked chicken breasts from a soup. However if you are using raw chicken breasts, just throw them in at the very beginning with the broth and let them cook. Then remove them and shred them.
2. The great part about this recipe is that it is a chop and drop. You can do everything as the soup simmers away.
3. One of the shortcuts to shredding chicken is to use the paddle attachment in your Kitchen Aid mixer or any other stand up mixer.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Persian