Super creamy mac and cheese made in one pot is only 20 minutes away! Loaded with three different cheeses and made right on the stove top, this easy version of an American favorite will be your favorite dinner side dish!
- 16 oz box elbow macaroni with grooves
- 5 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (don’t buy pre-shredded!)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- extra milk as necessary
- salt and pepper as necessary
- Place the pasta and the 5 cups of milk into a large pot.
- Over medium/medium low heat, bring up the mixture to a nice low simmer. Make sure to stir frequently so that the pasta does not stick.
- Once simmering, simmer for about 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is perfectly al dente. Continue stirring so that it never comes up past a slow simmer. Adjust heat as necessary to ensure the heat from staying at a temperature where the pasta simmers.
- Once the pasta is al dente, lower the heat to the lowest setting and stir in salt, pepper, three cheeses and cream cheese. There should still be a bit more liquor in the pot remaining. This pasta water will emulsify the sauce perfectly.
- Stir until the cheese has completely melted. If the cheese is clumping up and the sauce is not creaming out, just add a 1/4 cup of milk at a time to smooth it out.
- Taste, season and serve immediately.
1. You can reheat the mac and cheese without a problem. When reheating add in a bit of milk to smooth it out and make the sauce super creamy again.
2. The nutritional information is to be used for information purposes only.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American