These one pot chicken fajitas are an incredibly simple one pan meal perfect for those nights when a delicious dinner has to come together quickly and effortlessly. A simple spice mix and a light yet creamy sauce turn these fajitas from ordinary to extraordinary!
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus 1 tbsp for cooking
- 1 packet McCormick Organic Fajita Spice Mix
- 2 pounds of boneless (skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 red onion (sliced into thin strips)
- juice of one lime
- juice of one orange
- cilantro to garnish
- lime wedges to garnish
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- guacamole for garnish
- pico de gallo for garnish
- 3 tbsp of chimichurri sauce
- 1/2 a cup of sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- Into a bowl, combine 2 tbsp olive oil and half of the seasoning packet. This will create your seasoning paste.
- Trim the chicken of any excess fat.
- Smear the seasoning paste onto the chicken, making sure to cover it well on all sides.
- Preheat a cast iron pan to high.
- Place chicken into the pan and cook on one side for 5 minutes then flip over and cook on the other side for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, place onto a plate to rest and cover with foil loosely.
- Turn the heart to medium on the cast iron pan.
- Add the onions, peppers, remaining seasoning mix. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lime and orange juice to the pan and scrape the bottom to pick up the delicious bits from the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Slice chicken and place on top of the pepper and onion mix.
- Serve immediately accompanied with limes, cilantro, guacamole, pico de gallo and chimichurri crema.
- Combine chimichurri and sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Stir to combine.
- Nutritional information includes 2 fajitas per person without sauce.
- The nutritional information is to be used for information purposes only.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: One Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican