An easy and unbelievably flavorful one pan roasted mushroom dish in a delicious lemon butter sauce. All made in one dish. Packed with flavor and leaves everyone asking for more. PLUS as a bonus they can be made VEGAN.
- 1 pound of cap mushrooms (cremini, portobellos or white button mushrooms all work)
- juice of half a lemon
- 2–3 tbsp butter
- salt (pepper and garlic powder to taste)
- parsley to garnish
- Just wash and de-stem your shroomies first. Use any kind you like. Reza’s always used classic white shroomies. So that’s what I used.
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- Take a large sautee pan or baking pan with edges and place two tablespoons of butter on it. Place in the oven and allow the butter to melt, about 2 minutes.
- Place the mushrooms cap side down in the pan. Drizzle with lemon juice from half a lemon and season with salt and pepper. You can also add some garlic powder if you like.
- Place in into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Then flip over the shroomies and continue cooking for another five minutes.
- Then just scoop them up and place into the bowl with plenty of bread for dipping into the yummy sauce! If you made this in a nice looking sautee pan just go ahead and serve it in that.
Note 1: These can be done on the stove top quite easily. Simply follow the same instructions over medium high heat. They won’t get that roasted flavor but are delicious nonetheless.
- Category: Appetizer or Side
- Cuisine: Traditional