This delicious no churn ice cream is made out of 5 simple ingredients that tastes like it was churned in a gelateria! The secret lies within a super simple method and a delicious paste that is made in minutes!
- 1/2 a cup of unsalted pistachios soaked in enough water to cover them for 15–20 minutes.
- 3 tbsp of milk+more if necessary
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of unsalted pistachios
- 1 serving of pistachio paste
- green food coloring as necessary
- extra chocolate chips to garnish
- extra pistachios to garnish
- Place the pistachios in a colander to ensure all the water is removed.
- Combine the milk and the pistachios in a food processor or high powered blender.
- Start out with a slow speed and slowly increase to a high speed.
- Stop every 30 seconds or so to ensure that the mixture is pureeing and to push anything leftover down from its sides.
- Add more milk if the mixture needs help pureeing.
- Place whipping cream in a mixer and bring to stiff peaks. If using a mixer, whip on high until stiff peaks form.
- If using a Vitamix. Start on VARIABLE and continue slowly increasing speed. Once you are at SPEED 10, flip the switch to 10 and let it run for NO MORE than 10 seconds. You will notice the motor sound change very drastically as the whipped cream reaches its desired state. Make sure it does not go too long as you will then have made butter!
- Pour contents of 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and then pour in whipped cream into that. Fold carefully to combine.
- Add in pistachio paste, 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of pistachios and mix gently to combine.
- Pour into a freezer safe container, I usually use a bread pan.
- Sprinkle on the extra chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Feel free to drip in extra green food coloring at this point and swirl it in with a knife to create swirls.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours. Let stand for 10-15 minutes at room temperature prior to serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian