Meet a veggie side dish that will steal the show! Deliciously sweet and spicy roasted carrots with a Moroccan spice blend all drizzled with a creamy and garlicky yogurt!
For the carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds thin carrots (peeled*)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey*
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 a tablespoon cayenne or more if you like the heat
- 1 tsp za’taar spice
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp of red chili flakes or more if you like it spicy
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lime—1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the garlicky yogurt sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced on the microplane)
- drizzle of honey
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F
- Combine all the ingredients except the carrots in a bowl. Mix well and taste for seasoning. Add more salt or spice if necessary.
- Place the carrots on a sheet pan and drizzle with the honey and spice mixture and toss well to combine.
- Place the sheet pan into the oven and cook for 7 minutes. Open the oven and toss the carrots around. Because of the honey in the recipe these babies caramelize quickly so just watch them.
Garlicky Yogurt Sauce
- As the carrots roast, combine the garlic and the yogurt. Drizzle with honey
- Serve sauce with carrots.
1. I bought really gorgeous carrots and a farmers market that were really thin and little. If for some reason you cannot find thin carrots just use regular ones and slice them in half. Always work with what you have 🙂
2. Don’t forget to spray the measuring spoon with cooking spray before adding in the honey so that it doesn’t stick to the spoon!
3. To make the carrots completely vegan substitute the honey for molasses.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Moroccan