Crispy roasted potatoes baked with classic Mexican spices and tossed together with a zesty pico de gallo! Great served warm or as a healthy alternative to a potato salad!
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (cut into quarters or eighths if the potatoes are large)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 large tomato (small diced)
- 2 green onions/scallions (finely sliced)
- 1/2 a small red onion (finely diced)
- 4 tbsp cilantro (finely diced)
- 1 jalapeno finely diced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced avocado optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine quartered potatoes with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and chipotle powder. Toss together so everything is nicely coated.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, rotate the pan and toss the potatoes by shaking the pan. This will ensure even cooking. Allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime make the pico de gallo: combine tomatoes, onions, scallions, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove potatoes out of the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Toss with pico de gallo and serve.
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guideline only.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish, Vegan
- Cuisine: Mexican