- 1 pound of asparagus
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese as desired (use a microplane)
- Preheat the oven to HIGH on broil. If you do not have a broiler, preheat it to 450-degrees on roast.
- Grab your asparagus that is typically tightly bound with rubber bands and place it on a cutting board. You are going to want to cut off the woodsy ends and to realize where that is, just take an asparagus spear and hold 2 fingers on one end of the asparagus and 2 fingers (from the other hand) on the other side, now bend it. Where it naturally snapped is the woodsy end. Use that one asparagus as a measuring point for the rest of the asparagus and cut off the woodsy ends. You can discard those, unless you are planning on throwing them into a soup for flavor.
- Wash the asparagus, thoroughly and then towel dry it. Place it into a roasting pan (a foil pan works perfectly fine). Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Toss to combine
- Place it into the oven for 7 minutes on broil, 8-10 minutes on roast or grill it on high for about 5-7 minutes. It should be tender to the bite but not mushy.
- Feel free to serve with extra lemons and definitely some more Parmesan!
- The nutritional information should be used for informational purposes only.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American