This bright and easy lemon and strawberry jam is a perfect spread for your brunch toast or pancakes.
- 4 pints of fresh strawberries (hulled)
- 2 cups of sugar
- Rind and Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients. Taste as you go. You may want to add more sugar or lemon juice.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and let simmer for 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once desired consistency and flavor is reached, turn off heat and cool.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Russian