Learning how to make Chicken Milanese with Arugula and tomatoes is beyond easy. It is a super crispy and lemony recipe stemming from Italy that is the perfect weeknight quick and easy dinner meal but fancy enough for a dinner party!
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Breast, cut in half to make thinner, or buy already pounded out chicken cutlets from butcher
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper as needed
- 2 Eggs plus 1 Tbsp of water for egg wash
- 1.25 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Good Parmesan (Grated or Flakes is great)
- 2 Cups of Baby Arugula
- 1/2 a Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Pint of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, Cut in Half
- Good Olive Oil for the Dressing
- Every Day Olive Oil for Pan Frying
- Combine the eggs and water and add in salt an pepper to taste. Whisk to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to panko to taste. Add in zest of half a lemon and the chopped parsley, mix to combine.
- Dip each chicken cutlet first in egg then in panko. Set aside on a plate or cutting board.
- Pour enough olive oil into a sautee pan and turn to medium high heat.
- Check if the oil is bubbling by dropping one piece of panko in to see if it sizzles lightly. If it does it is ready
- Carefully lower the chicken cutlets into the oil by lowering them, away from you. (See Video)
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and once golden brown flip the other side and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, set aside on the paper towels or the cooling rack.
- Combine baby arugula, tomatoes, red onions and parmesan in a bowl. Drizzle on some fruit olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix to combine
- Place the baby arugula salad on the chicken Milanese and enjoy!
- Use your left hand for the egg and the right for the panko. This way you will not get mummy hands when dipping!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min