Learning how to make chicken Kiev is actually quite simple. It is simply a breaded and stuffed chicken cutlet that is fried to perfection and oozes buttery goodness! What can be better?
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Chives Chopped Finely (see note 1)
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced on a Microplane
- 2 Chicken Breasts (7–8 Ounces Each) Thinly Pounded (see note 2)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground please
- 1 egg and 1tbsp water lightly whisked with a fork
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Oil for Frying (see note 3)
- For the garlic butter filling, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and taste for seasoning, adjust as necessary.
- Place the butter mixture on parchment paper and form into a roll. Place into refrigerator until firm.
- Use scissors to cut up your chives much faster!
- Most butchers will pound out your chicken for you! In fact even the meat counter in your grocery store will sometimes do it if you just ask nicely.