- 1 3-5 pound pork butt (boneless)
- 8 garlic cloves * (I like a very garlicky flavor, feel free to use less if you like it a bit milder)
- 5 sprigs of rosemary (stems removed)
- 3 sage leaves
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butchers twine
- 2 onions (roughly chopped)
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 2 turnips roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- Combine sage, rosemary, garlic, olive oil, wine and crushed red pepper flakes and purée in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and combine.
- Lay the pork flat and massage the herb mixture on the inside and out.
- Roll up the pork like a roulette and tie it with the butcher twine. It does not have to look beautiful, just tie it up so that it stays together
- Place all the vegetables in a large roasting pan or Dutch oven. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the roast on top of the veggies and put in the oven.
- Roast for 10 minutes then drop the temperature to 375-degrees.
- Continue to cook until internal temperature of the roast reaches 145-degrees.
- Remove and let rest under a foil tent for 15 minutes.
- Snip off twine. Slice and enjoy!!!