The perfect addition to any cookout, BBQ or picnic. is this healthy vegan potato salad. It’s low on calories and healthy because unlike the classic potato salad it’s completely mayo free! Ideal for sitting outside for hours at a time while enjoying a warm summer BBQ.
- 2 pounds of small potatoes (I used Yukon gold but red potatoes work great too)
- 1/2 cup of yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup of dijon mustard
- 3 scallions finely sliced
- 1/2 of a red pepper (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- Cut up the potatoes in quarters or eights depending on how large the potato is. You want the pieces to be bite size.
- Place on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and the garlic powder. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place into the oven and toss every 10 minutes or so to achieve even color on all sides. Cook until tender and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, make the dressing. Combine the yellow mustard and dijon mustard and set aside.
- Let the potatoes cool for about 10 minutes so they are cool enough to handle.
- Place in a bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Add scallions and red peppers and toss to make sure everything is distributed evenly.
- Allow, to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours but preferably over night.
- Category: Vegan
- Cuisine: American