Nothing is better than candied apples…except eating them without making a mess. With my Halloween Candy Apple Pops you get all the flavor and the fun and none of the mess! Plus the kiddos love making and eating this healthier snack.
- 1 cup large semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (divided)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (divided)
- 2 large apples such as Granny Smith or Honey Crisp that have some tartness to them
- Caramel sauce (for drizzling*)
- Crushed Pretzels
- Gel food coloring
- popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in either the microwave or over a double broiler in on the stove. If doing so in microwave, melt them in 30 second increments stirring in between each time.
- Once the chocolate is melted add in 1 Tbsp of coconut oil into each cup of chocolate chips.
- Split the white chocolate chips into two batches and color one orange or any other color you prefer.
- Wash your apples and place apples upright on a cutting board. Cut the apples into 1/2” to 3/4” slices.
- Carefully slide the popsicle sticks right through the bottom and until they are nice and stuck.
- Dip the apple pops into the dark chocolate and place on the sheet pan fitted with parchment paper. Cool in the fridge for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate has set.
- Drizzle with caramel, white chocolate, colored chocolate and decorate as necessary.
1. I bought the littleKraft Caramel Bits and melted them CAREFULLY in the microwave. Be careful, very similarly to oatmeal these will blow up. Just melt them in 15 second increments and stir as you do so. You can also melt them in a pot over a low flame on the stove.
2. The nutritional information is to be used for information purposes only.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American