This easy and delicious stuffed chicken breast is loaded with silky and savory garlic cheese and surrounded by a creamy, white wine and shallot sauce.
- 4 chicken breasts (cut in half to make them thinner, to make 8)
- 8 oz of ricotta
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced on a microplaner)
- 4 tablespoons of chives
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil (separated)
- salt and pepper to taste
- colorful toothpicks
- chopped parsley and diced tomatoes to garnish
- Combine ricotta,cream cheese, garlic, chives and salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning. Adjust as necessary.
- Take chicken breasts, place on a flat surface and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place about 2 tbsp of filling on the end of chicken breast closer to you. Cover the filling with the chicken and continue rolling up until everything is nicely concealed.
- Use the toothpicks to seal up the chicken, make sure you seal the ends as well.
- Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil into a sautee pan and heat up to high heat.
- Place chicken, seam side down into the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes PER side, or until gorgeous and brown. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Wipe the pan out with a crunched up paper towel being held by some tongs.
- Place the pan back onto the pan and heat up to medium.
- Add in remaining olive oil and shallots. Let sweat, no color, for 4-5 minutes until super fragrant and translucent.
- Turn the heat up to high and add in wine. Allow the wine to cook for 1 minute, add in chicken back into the pan. Turn heat to medium and cover.
- Allow to cook for 10 more minutes. Some of the filling will ooze out and will leave you with a glorious sauce.*Note 1.
- Serve with some chopped parsley and diced tomatoes.
Note 1: If you have any filling leftover add into the pan along with the chicken after the wine. It will just enrich the sauce a bit more.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American