Meet your new weeknight best friend! Full of protein, good for you carbs and loaded with flavors! This EASY and Healthy Cheesy Quinoa Bake will make your dinner done in a flash!
- 3 cups pre-cooked quinoa
- 1 15 oz can of drained black beans
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomato and chilis
- 1/2 a cup of frozen corn
- 3 scallions sliced thinly plus more for garnish
- 1 cup of 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 a cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro for garnish and flavor
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
- Place quinoa, black beans, canned tomatoes, corn and scallions into an oven proof dish. Make sure it is deep enough to mix all the ingredients together.
- Combine Greek yogurt, white wine and 3 tbsp cheese until well combined and Greek Yogurt has thinned out. If necessary to thin out further, feel free to add a few more splashes of wine.
- Pour into the quinoa mixture and combine so everything is equally distributed.
- Cover with remaining cheese and place into the oven uncovered for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly and the inside is warmed through* Feel free to run it under the broiler for a bit to brown up the cheese a bit.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
*Reminder, since I have a convection oven, mine may cook through a bit faster. Just keep an eye on it after 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Healthy
- Cuisine: Mexican