This super creamy Nutella and banana ice cream is actually healthy! And with only two ingredients and just a bit of prep this dessert is yours! Go ahead have a scoop or four, it’s practically guilt free!!!
- 3 very ripe and spotty bananas (sliced into round coins.)
- 3 tablespoons of my vegan nutella + more if you wanted it to have a stronger flavor of hazelnuts
- roasted hazelnuts for garnish (optional)
- Place the sliced bananas into a ziplock bag and freeze for at least 4 hours or until completely solid.
- Place the bananas into a food processor and start pulsing. At first it will be very loud and will sound like little rocks. Keep pulsing until it starts becoming smooth. *
- Open the food processor and check on the consistency, it should resemble son serve ice cream.
- At this point add in the vegan nutella an pulse just to combine.
- Garnish with hazelnuts and deserve immediately.
As much as I love my Vitamix, it just did not work as well for this. I really preferred the food processor for this much better. It got me the consistency significantly faster than I had expected. You can try to use a blender but I believe you will have much better luck with the food processor.
If you over pulse it and it becomes too soft, just stick it back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes and it will come back to the correct texture.
- Category: Vegan
- Cuisine: American