A healthy, easy and delicious meatball recipe that is all done in a crockpot. Perfect for a quick dinner!
- 2 pounds of lean ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 whole onion (feel free to do this in the Vitamix, finely minced)
- 1 cup freshly grated (Parmesan)
- 1 large handful of Italian parsley (chopped)
- 6–7 basil leaves.
- plenty of salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1 Batch of my marinara
- Pre-heat oven to 450-degrees F and crockpot to a low setting.
- Combine all the ingredients except the marinara in a large bowl.
- Fry a little piece up and do a taste test to ensure proper seasoning.
- Spray down a rimmed baking sheet with pan spray and lay parchment paper on top.
- Using a small ice cream scooper to lay out the meatballs on the paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes until nice and golden and still raw inside.
- Place into the crockpot, cover with sauce and allow to cook on low for 4 hours.
- Tear basil with hands combine and serve.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Italian