- 16 oz Thick Cut Bacon (Cut up into squares )
- 16 oz Cauliflower (Frozen or Fresh, Cut up into Florets)
- Fine Sea Salt (To Taste)
- 1 Medium Onion (Cut up roughly)
- 4 cups Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Mild Swiss Cheese (Shredded )
- fruity olive oil (to garnish)
- freshly cracked black pepper (to garnish)
- Place the diced bacon in a heavy bottomed pan. Remember you are placing the COLD bacon into a COLD pot.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut up your onions and measure your other ingredients.
- Allow the fat to render out of the bacon on medium heat. This will take about 15 minutes, but keep a watchful eye on it, once it starts turning brown it can go from gloriously brown to burnt in seconds!
- Remove with a slotted spoon and pour out all but 2 tbsp of the fat. Feel free to reserve the fat to use in sauces, soups or for cooking eggs in the mornings.
- Add in the onions and toss them in the bacon fat. Season with a pinch of salt. Allow to sweat for abou 5-10 minutes until translucent and tender.
- Place the cauliflower into the pot and fill the pot with the heavy cream. Allow to simmer for 15 more minutes or until flavor has developed. Taste for seasoning.
- Remove the pot from heat and puree the soup either in a blender or right in the pot with a stick blender. Taste for seasoning.
- Add in the grated cheese and stir in with a whisk over low heat to ensure all the cheese melts in.
- Serve with a few swiirls of olive oil, bacon lardons and soem freshly cracked black pepper
- If you would like to use any other cheese feel free! Parmesan, Swiss, Cheddar or you can even use Monterrey Jack for a kick!
- In the event that you want to lighten things up and are trying to keep this low carb DO NOT use half and half or milk. Instead do half heavy cream and half broth. If you add milk or half and half you are adding in lactose, ie, carbs.
- Feel free to garnish with some chives or parsley!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American