- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter (softened to room temp, cut into cubes)
- 4 eggs
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners or castor sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- food coloring (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix for a couple of minutes until light and smooth.
- Add in cream cheese, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.
- Meanwhile, in a seperate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
- Take a ball of dough about the size of a baseball and roll into a smooth ball.
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and roll out the dough with a rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out desired shapes and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, leave about 1 inch in between each cookie. Continue to use the dough until it is all done.
- You can also just use a 1 inch ice cream scooper and then smoosh the cookies with the back of your hand as I do above.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, then immediately remove from the oven. The cookies will appear under-baked a bit but this is what you want.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and repeat the process until all of the dough is gone.
- Beat cream cheese with a mixer for about 30 seconds, then add in powdered sugar, one cup at a time. Add in vanilla. food coloring, lemon juice and 1-2 tablespoons of milk and mix until light and fluffy. Use a knife to slather each cookie with frosting.
- Top with sprinkles.
1. Make sure you watch the cookies when they are baking! Make the first batch a smaller batch so that you can test the time needed. For instance in my house the cookies were done at exactly 10 minutes. At my friends house I had to remove them at 9 because after that they started browning.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American