Classic Swedish Pancakes are tender, lacy crepes that are mildly sweet and perfectly delicious! A perfect breakfast that comes together in minutes and puts a smile on everyone’s faces! Best of all they are super light on flour so feel free to have a bunch!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of milk (I prefer whole milk)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or my favorite Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Paste
- 1/2 of one lemon zested
- 1 tbsp sugar (cane sugar is just fine)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup of flour
- sliced lemons for garnish
- powdered sugar for garnish
- whip cream for garnish
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- 1 tsp sugar
- Add in eggs, butter, vanilla, lemon zest and milk to a bowl. Whisk to combine with either a hand whisk or with a stand mixer. *
- Add in salt, sugar and flour. Mix until well combined. Some lumps may remain and that’s just fine.
- Place HALF A CUP of batter onto a non stick pan. * Swirly the pan around to make sure everything is filled in. The first crepe may turn out a bit off, but that’s typical 🙂
- With a thin spatula, flip the crepe gently by lifting it up from the center.
- Allow to cook for another 2 minutes then remove. Serve with fresh strawberries, squeeze of lemon and powdered sugar
- Combine sugar and strawberries. Mix thoroughly.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
1. You can also make this whole recipe in the blender or Vitamix. Hubby happened to conveniently break my Vitamix so I did it with a hand mixer because I am lazy. But a hand whisk will work just as good.
2. You may need to oil the pan lightly the first time around.
3. The nutritional information should be used for informational purposes only.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Swedish