My super simple and wholesome chicken marsala has always been an incredibly dinner! But with the addition of Buitoni Agnolotti filled with fragrant mushrooms and creamy cheese it takes this incredibly fast and simple dinner to a whole other level! This is the perfect meal for a crazy weeknight or a last minute dinner party on a weekend!
- 2 Pounds Chicken Cutlets (or buy your own chicken breast and slice them thinly)
- 2 packages of Buitoni Mushroom Agnolotti
- 1 10 Oz Package of Crimini Mushrooms
- 1 Shallot (Chopped Small)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cup Marsala wine (or a sweet wine such as a Sherry)
- ¼ Cup Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Buitoni Alfredo sauce
- 1 Cup of baby spinach
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Parmesan for garnish
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Olive oil for sauteeing
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan until it is bubbling.
- Saute chicken on both sides until it develops a nice crust.
- Remove the chicken to another plate and let it rest. Once it is rested about 5 minutes, cut it into bite size pieces.
- Reduce heat to medium high and add shallots and more olive oil if necessary. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon and scrape up the bottom to remove all the yummy bits.
- Add the mushrooms and ONE cup of Marsala wine.
- Continue sauteeing until the sauce is reduced and the mushrooms are rich in color, about 15 minutes.
- Pour in marsala wine. Again scrape the bottom of the pan with the rubber spatula or wooden spoon. This is called deglazing.
- Add in chicken back into the pan along with the mushroom and nestle into the sauce and mushrooms.
- Let reduce by half and add alfredo sauce, chicken stock and the pasta. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add in spinach and combine.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, red pepper flakes and plenty of freshly shaved Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
The nutritional information should be used for informational purposes only.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: One Pan Meal
- Cuisine: Italian