- 2 frozen packages of Brussels sprouts (they usually come in 12 oz bags)
- 8 dates (sliced up)
- balsamic vinegar glaze
- ½ a cup of candied pecans (Note 1)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1–2 drops liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees
- Slice up the Brussels sprouts in half, yes straight out of the freezer.
- Place the Brussels sprouts onto a sheet pan, feel free to use the foil pans for super easy clean up.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss and place in the oven.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are nicely browned and soft on the inside, about 20 minutes, remove from the oven.
- Add in balsamic glaze, liquid smoke and dates. Toss everything to combine. Roast for another 3-5 minuts.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle candied pecans on top. Serve immediately.
Note 1: Feel free to candy up your own pecans. I personally find it easier to buy the suckers. Because otherwise I have them handy in the pantry and I start munching…and it’s just not necessary.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Fusion