These one pan Balsamic Glazed Italian Sausage and Onions are an elegant twist on an Italian classic. Perfectly tender and gorgeously glossed this one pan meal will make you shine this holiday season! Plus, as with all great holiday must haves, these are make ahead friendly.
- 1.5 pounds of Italian sausage in casings
- 1 bag of pearl onions (frozen)
- 5–7 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a cup of balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place frozen pearl onions, Italian sausages, garlic and olive oil into a large sauté pan. Roast for 15 minutes in the oven. If the pearl onions do not look caramelized, continue roasting them in 5 minute increments.
- Remove the sausage from the pan and let the sausages rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Slice the sausages on a bias so they are just bigger than bite size.
- Add sausages, balsamic vinegar and red pepper flakes to pan with the pearl onions.
- Turn to medium high and cook until a beautiful glaze is formed, about 5-7 minutes. This will occur due to the liquids evaporating and the sugars in the vinegar caramelizing,
- Serve with crostini, pasta or with noting at all.
1. I have made this with turkey, pork, beef and chicken sausage. It always tastes good. The only thing that needs to be adjusted is the cooking time.
2. If the sausages are still a bit raw after roasting, do not worry, they will finish cooking while they glaze up.
3. Nutritional values should be used as guidance only.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian