Chebureki are traditional Georgian meat pies that are more similar to little meat turnovers than anything else. Traditionally made with a from-scratch dough and deep fried these babies can be both difficult and loaded with fat. My recipe features a no fry method and dough that is store-bought without sacrificing any flavor!!!
- 8 raw tortillas
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken (not too lean)
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp of water plus more if necessary
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for oiling pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor combine parsley, onion, salt and pepper. Combine until processed finely.
- Combine the ground meat with the onion parsley mixture until fully combined. Add in water into the mix 1 tablespoon at a time until meat stops absorbing the water.
- Fry up a small piece of filling and taste for seasoning. Adjust as necessary.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of filling into the tortilla shell. Spread the filling out so that it is even across ONE HALF of the tortilla.
- Brush the ends of the tortilla with water lightly.
- Press down the side of the tortilla without the filling towards the side with the filling. Using a fork, press down on the edges creating a tight seal.
- Take a sheet pan and place about 2 tbsp of olive oil or butter on it.
- Place the chebureki on the sheet pan, making sure they do not overlap with each other. Brush the top with olive oil or butter.
- Place into the oven and bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
1. If the tops of your chebureki do not brown nicely in the oven, just turn them over for a few minutes. It all depends on your oven strength.
2. The nutritional information should be used for informational purposes only.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Russian