These perfectly charred Baja Style Mexican Hot Dogs are ideal for any summer cookout rain or shine! Learn my trick to getting the most tender and juicy dogs without sacrificing on the char factor!
- 1 package Hebrew National Hot Dogs
- 5 hot dog buns
- 3 tbsp Hunt’s Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Gulden’s Spicy Mustard
- 2 tbsp Hunt’s Ketchup
- 1 clove garlic (minced on a microplane)
- 1/2 cup cucumber (diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup tomato (diced)
- salt (to taste)
- Avocado (slices)
- Lime (slices)
- Cilantro sprigs
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Lower to a simmer and drop in the Hebrew National Hot Dogs into water carefully. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes or leave on the stove or the grill on a low simmer until ready to grill.
- Add the Hebrew National Hot Dogs onto a hot grill or a preheated pan. Brush each Hebrew National Hot Dog with the Hunt’s Ketchup and sear until browned on each side; about 30 seconds.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and place into a squeeze bottle. Serve alongside the Hebrew National Hot Dogs to use as much as necessary.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and serve along side the Hebrew National Hot Dogs.
- Place the the seared Hebrew National Hot Dogs onto the hot dog buns and garnish with the cucumber salsa, American aioli and follow with the cilantro and avocado if desired. Serve immediately.
- When grilling, keep the Hebrew National Hot Dogs in an aluminum pan right on the grill over low heat. Once ready to sear just plop them right onto the grill to sear them off.
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guide only.
- Category: BBQ, Main Course
- Cuisine: American