My 5 minute chimichurri sauce has a secret ingredient that sets it apart from the rest! It comes together in just a few minutes with a couple of pulses in the food processor. This sauce packs loads of garlicky flavor and is a perfect sauce, marinade and dip for just about anything!
- 1 bunch of cilantro (washed and ends removed)
- 1 bunch of parsley (washed and ends removed)
- 7 cloves of garlic (less if you want it a bit less garlicky)
- 1 large shallot (halved)
- 2 scallions (cleaned)
- 2 tbsp red chili flakes (more if you like it spicy)
- 2 tbsp dry rosemary
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add cilantro, parsley, garlic, shallots, chili flakes, scallions, rosemary, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper into a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until the mix is just under finely minced. This is about 15 pulses.
- Stop the processor, add the olive oil. Pulse 2 times.
- Remove from the food processor and place into a bowl. Add in the vinegar and mix in with a spoon. Taste and season.
1. This is easier to process with a food processor than a blender. However, I have tried it with a blender and it was not as easy to get it all out of the blender.
2. The nutritional information is to be used for information purposes only.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauce and Marinades
- Cuisine: Argentinian