Nutella meet your vegan match. Perfectly roasted hazelnuts are combined with high quality cocoa to create the ultimate chocolaty vegan Nutella. Perfect for all your Nutella needs…only healthier and more delicious!
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vegan cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven until the skins are almost black and the meat is dark brown, about 12 minutes. Stir the nuts halfway through baking to ensure an even color.
- To remove skins, wrap cooled hazelnuts in a clean kitchen towel. Rub until most of the skins come off. If some do not come off it’s not the end of the world 🙂
- Place all ingredients except the coconut butter, in a Vitamix or a food processor and process, start streaming in the coconut oil and process for about 2 minutes until desired creaminess has been achieved. I purposely kept mine a bit more grainy because I wanted that texture for my truffles.
*If you would like the mixture to be a bit more grainy, just stream in some coconut oil. About 1-2 tablespoons to get in just and smooth.
*In some grocery stores, there is an option to get the roasted hazelnuts. My local Whole Foods carries roasted hazelnuts and sometimes I end up getting those instead of roasting off my own.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American