- 5 pounds of red potatoes
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 1 bunch of scallions finely chopped
- 3 stalks of celery (finely diced)
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- First wash up your potatoes. I like to use classic small red potatoes. Cut them up in quarters if they are small, or in eights if they are the larger ones.
- Place them in a pot with a few pinches of salt and bring to a boil.
- While you are at it, grab some eggs and hard boil them. I got a nifty tutorial for you on how to make the easiest and most perfect hard boiled eggs every time.
- While that’s working for you, finely dice some celery.
- When your potatoes are juuuuuust fork tender, dump them into a colander and let them cool. In fact you can always do this the night before as well.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and crumble up your eggs right on top of there. I just mushed the eggs with my hand, but feel free to do this with your fork if you would like.
- Chop up a bunch of scallions (about 3/4 of a cup)… I like it really scalliony because I feel it really brings out the flavor in the potatoes. Add the scallions to the heap as well.
- Now add 3/4 cup of sour cream, 3/4 cup of mayo, 1/4 cup of dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Mix everything with a big spatula or your hands. I prefer to use my hands because you get the “dressing” distributed a bit more evenly this way. Check for seasonings and see if you need it zestier, saltier or if it’s just right!
- Garnish with scallions and enjoy!