- 8 slices of King’s Hawaiian Bread
- 10 strawberries thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- ½ a cup of milk
- zest of 1 orange
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp plus more if necessary butter for frying
- powdered sugar
- Pour some milk, eggs, orange zest and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk it all up until combined.
- Smear cream cheese onto all pieces of bread.
- Place strawberries on half of the pieces of bread.
- Put both pieces together and form a sandwich.
- Place a tablespoon or two of butter in a pan over medium heat. Let it melt.
- Carefully dip the bread into the egg and milk mixture.
- And place it on the pan and let it fry nice and slow until it is brown and bubbly, about 3-4 minutes, then turn over. Again, carefully.
- Remove and let cool for 2 minutes. Cut. Serve with fresh strawberries, powdered sugar and whipped cream if your heart desires.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisine: American