- 2 square foot sized pieces of saran wrap
- 2 ramekins
- a few drizzles of olive oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 whole wheat English muffin cut in half and toasted
- 4 oz of smoked salmon
- 2–4 large slices of beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes
- a few rings of red onion slices
- half an avocado (sliced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of vinegar
- First you need 2 foot size square pieces of saran wrap and 2 ramekins.
- Place the saran wrap into the ramekins and dribble a bit of olive oil into it.
- In the meantime, add 2 tbsp of vinegar to a pot of water with about 4 inches of water in it. Bring it up to a gentle simmer over medium heat.
- Crack one egg into each ramekin. Now you see why we use the olive oil? It is going to help the egg from sicking. Feel free to sprinkle some salt and pepper on it now, or you can do so after. Up to you..
- Gather all four corners of the saran wrap and tie it. You are creating little egg purses 🙂
- Once your water is simmering. Drop in your little purses of eggs into the water and let them cook for 3-4 minutes. I like mine a little tighter so I let them cook the whole 4 minutes.
- While those puppies are boiling away…toast your English muffin (I prefer the 100 calorie whole wheat ones). Slice up a nice juicy tomato. A few rings of red onion and just a few slices of avocado will do ya’. And you will need about 2 pieces of smoked salmon per piece of twist, so about 4 oz.
- Remove the egg from the water with a slotted spoon and place it on a cutting board. Cut the saran open by snipping the top off.
- Start making your sandwich by first placing the smoked salmon on the toasty bread, followed by your avocado slices, tomato slices and onion rings.
- Slowly, place your poached egg on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper if you have not yet done so.
- And let your eager hungry hubby break the yolk 🙂 Liquid sunshine on a plate.