My simple cranberry sauce will only take 20 minutes but tastes like it came straight out of a gourmet French kitchen! It takes 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time to have this delicious and simple cranberry sauce on your Thanksgiving table right alongside your perfect turkey!
- 16 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp Elderflower Liquor
- juice and zest of half an orange
- Add cranberries into a sauce pan and set over low heat. Allow to cook for about 15 minutes or until super saucy.
- Remove ½ cup of cranberries and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients and cook for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the stove. Allow to cool. Add the 1/2 cup of cranberries to the rest of the sauce once cooled.
- Serve garnished with orange zest.
The classic elderflower liquor is St. Germaine. But there are plenty of other brands that I have had that are significantly less expensive.
Because of the pectin in the fruit, the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools. This will keep for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.
***Recipe adapted from RecipeTin Eats***
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American